Don’t miss the SCTE Spring Lecture
This year’s SCTE Spring Lecture will take place on Wednesday 27 March 2019 at the National Conference Centre (National Motorcycle Museum) in Solihull (near the NEC in Birmingham, UK). The Spring Lecture will be centred on wireless technologies, Full Duplex DOCSIS and optical fibre, with perspectives from two network operators. Lunch is free for SCTE members, and free entry is also offered to the National Motorcyle Museum.
The National Motorcycle Museum houses the largest collection of British motorcycles in the world, with over 1000 machines from 170 different manufacturers spanning no less than three centuries! With its earliest pioneer machine dating from 1898 through to the latest British superbikes of this century, the museum collection highlights both the development of the motorcycle as well as showcasing the UK’s proud motorcycle manufacturing heritage.
Presentations at this year’s event are:
- “Converged Media World: Delivering the Ultimate Viewer Experience” by Richard Lindsay-Davies, CEO, DTG (Broadband Stakeholder Group – UK).
- “Wireless Technologies within the Access Network” by Jack Morrison, Principal Engineer and Technologist, LIBERTY GLOBAL.
- “Full DUPLEX DOCSIS and Proactive Network Maintenance” by Brady Volpe, Founder, THE VOLPE FIRM, INC. and NIMBLE THIS LLC.
- “What is the Wi-Fi Alliance Wi-Fi Certified EasyMeshTM Programme?” by Ian Wheelock, Engineering Fellow, CPE CTO Team, ARRIS.
- “Migrating a Network to a 100Mbps Symmetrical over Coax, Followed by Full Fibre” by Edo Kweldam, Managing Director, CAI HARDERWIJK (also Chairman, SCTE Benelux Group).
- “Advanced Optical Fibre Cables for Spatially-Efficient Networks” by Matthew Guinan, Market & Technology Development Manager, Outside Plant Cable, CORNING OPTICAL COMMUNICATIONS.
Download the full programme here or register your attendance at www.thescte.eu/index.php/component/proforms/event-booking-form