SCTE launches Virgin Media Taster Training Days
The SCTE has planned a “Virgin Media Taster Training Day” series and would like to invite you to join us and support this initiative. The training days are planned for 14 May 2013 at Virgin Media (VM) Hook, 15 May 2013 at VM Birmingham Eagle Court and 16 May 2013 at VM Bradford. The SCTE believes these training days will provide vendors with a new opportunity to engage with VM technicians and engineers in a friendly and professional setting.
The training days are advertised on the VM intranet and targeted at VM technicians and engineers who are new to the business and would like an introduction to a number of technology topics as well as the opportunity for “hands-on” experience with some vendors’ products.
- Delegates will be able to pre-register their attendance at the Taster Day and also register on the delivery day.
- The Taster day will run in two lecture rooms.
- Room “One” will be used for formal half-hour “vendor-agnostic” technology presentations by VM senior staff and vendors.
- Room “Two” will provide vendor “hands-on” workstations, where VM staff can work with products and test equipment used in different parts of the broadband network.
- The morning’s schedule of lectures and hands-on experience will be repeated in the afternoon.
- Coffee will be available all day from an area close to the SCTE Membership Promotion booth.
- The SCTE booth will provide SCTE membership packs and the opportunity for VM staff to view the SCTE formal training packages.
- A free buffet lunch will be offered to delegates.
- Taster Day delegates will be provided with an invitation to an SCTE cocktail party at a local hostelry, where a free drink, complimentary snacks and sandwiches will be available.
To cover a diverse range of technology topics, the SCTE has invited the following to participate in the first series of three training days.
- CommScope – Hardline Coaxial Cable Technology
- Corning OFS – Optical Fibre Cable Technology
- PPC – Drop Connectors
- TFC – Drop Coaxial Cable
- Cablecon – Hardline Connectors
- Phoenix Test
- RMS – RF Passive Electronics
- Ripley – Coaxial & Optical Fibre Tooling
- Teleste – Optical Node Technology & Deployment
- Virgin Media – Telecommunications
To register your interest or attendance, please see http://www.thescte.eu/index.php/component/form/Events%20booking%20form?form_id=12 and specify which day interests you.